Monday, December 14, 2009

The Beginning

Being what my mother has termed "the Gatekeeper" of the family, I have gladly taken on the task of creating a website to dispense and share our family history. I plan to include photos, life stories, pedigree charts and family group sheets, patriarchal blessings, copies of documents... basically all the family history information we can combine into one place where we all can access it and learn who we are and where we came from.

This site will include information on Walkers, Whislers, Hedgepeths, McIntyres, Carpers, Bartons, Couchs, Wilseys and many many other families. In the beginning I suppose it will seem confusing for me to have mine and my husbands lines all together, but at some point we all have to combine into one family so instead of starting 200 sites, I'm just starting with one.

Others will have the options of becoming editors here also but we must always remember that family history is not a science. There are often many answers to each question and there can be no animosity or grandstanding or claiming that only one answer is correct. Often by combining conflicting information, the truth will be discovered.

I have had so many experiences over the past few years of being inspired by our ancestors on the other side of the veil that I know this work is of importance to them. May we always be guided by the words of Malachi:
Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest the whole world be wasted at his coming. (I prefer the wasted at his coming line to the smiting the earth with a curse line.)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I've got you bookmarked now, so I can follow and read everything. :) You did a great job setting it up! You're on a roll this week - posting pictures, creating blogs - good job! :) Love you. sis

    ReplyDelete